The Announcement of Patent and Trademark Application Fee Reduction for 2019
In order to further reduce the burden of IP right owner and stimulate economic development, recently, Ministry of Finance of China and National Development and Reform Commission published the Announcement of Patent and Trademark Application Fee Reduction for 2019. The announcement will be effective from July 1st, 2019.
The standard for patent applicants and patent holders to apply for patent fee reduction is lower.
- For individuals:
- Previously: the average monthly income of prior year is lower than CNY 3500 (USD 509) annual income of CNY 42,000 (USD 6,106).
- Currently: the average monthly income of prior year is lower than CNY 5000 (USD 727) annual income of CNY 60,000 (USD 8,723).
- For enterprises:
- Previously: the taxable incomes of prior year is lower than CNY 300,000 (USD 43,617).
- Currently: the taxable incomes of prior year is lower than CNY 1 million (USD 145,389).
- The trademark renewal fee is reduced from CNY 1000 to CNY 500 (approximately from USD 145 to USD 72 ).
- The following official fees are reduced from CNY 250 to CNY 150 (approximately from USD 36 to USD 22), and these fee will be free if they are submitted and accepted electronically
- Recordal of change of name/address/agent;
- Correction of application/registration;
- Deleting good/services from a pending application.
- Other chargeable services will reduce to 90%, including,
- Trademark Registration Fee,
- Re-Issuance of Registration Certification Fee,
- Filling the Recordal of Assignment,
- Filling the Application for Renewal,
- Additional Charge for Filing Renewal in Grace Period,
- Obtaining Certified Copy of Registration Certificate on a Regular Basis,
- Filing Application for Collective Mark,
- Filling Application for Certification,
- Filling Opposition,
- Filing application for a cancellation on non-use,
- Filling Recordal of Trademark License,
- Fees Charged by TRAB,
These changes will effectively reduce the cost for patent and trademark associate applications, and create a better business environment for foreign investment.