Kenneth L Ng
Phone: +86 10 88369999
About Kenneth L. Ng
Kenneth Ng is the US-based Partner for Chang Tsi & Partners, overseeing client relations and case management in North America. Kenneth’s specialties include the development of strategy and tactics for IP enforcement, case management and budgeting. His nine years of experience as the chief trademark counsel at Kohler and Illinois Tool Works have given him the experience to develop and implement processes that maximize the benefits of a strong IP portfolio.
- Specialized in all aspects of intellectual property rights, including applications and protection of trademarks, patents, copyrights, and domain names.
- Deputy IP Counsel, Illinois Tool Works Inc. Served as managing attorney for trademark, copyright and domain name portfolio for ITW and its worldwide subsidiaries. Developed IP strategy for the protection and enforcement of key corporate assets. Responsible for reorganization of ITW’s case management of intellectual property matters, including trademark, copyright and domain name matters. Managed US and foreign trademark, copyright and domain name clearance, prosecution and enforcement; including a large docket of foreign and domestic infringement matters. Led the implementation of a brand management process across the enterprise. Engaged in the development of a comprehensive innovation framework.
- Senior Attorney, Kohler Co. Managed a worldwide portfolio of trademarks and domain names, including the handling of domestic and foreign enforcement issues. Responsible for clients in a diverse array of industries: plumbing, tile, engines, furniture, hospitality, confectionary, retail services.
- Managing Attorney, KNG Law. Independent legal counsel for businesses in the field of trademarks, copyrights and unfair competition. Services included international and domestic trademark and copyright registration and protection. Negotiated and drafted domestic and international license agreements for trademarks and copyrights. Resolved domain name conflicts and prepared agreements. Performed audits of intellectual property portfolios.
- Attorney, Dineff Trademark Law Ltd. Trademark attorney. Managed global portfolio for Fortune 500 companies in industries including aerospace, food, computer, industrial manufacturing, healthcare and fashion. Managed litigation and licensing in multiple jurisdictions worldwide.
- Magistrate Judge and Assistant Registrar, Supreme Court of Singapore Presided over the hearing of motions for summary judgment, motions to dismiss, admiralty arrests and releases, bankruptcy petitions, and a broad array of complex civil and criminal claims. Engaged in pre-trial conferences and settlement negotiations. Assessed damages in civil litigation matters, including commercial contract, intellectual property, securities, employment and construction disputes. Prepared bench memoranda for Supreme Court judges in both civil and criminal cases.
- Corporal, 1st Commando Battalion, Singapore Armed Forces. Paratrooper, Singapore Armed Forces.
- LL.B., University of Hull （1994）
- JD., DePaul University College of Law （2000）
- Illinois Bar, USA
- England and Wales Bar, UK (Barrister-At-Law)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Guest Speaker, IP Portfolio Management, AIPLA Annual Meeting 2010
- Guest Speaker, Trademark Enforcement in China, IPO Annual Meeting 2009
- Guest Speaker, Counterfeiting in Asia, Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Guest Speaker, Counterfeiting in Asia, Wisconsin IP Law Association, 2005
- Member, Dilution and Well-Known Marks Sub-Committee, INTA, 2006-2007
- Chair, Young Lawyers Section IP Committee, 2003- 2005, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association Member, International Trademark Association
- Founding Partner Spring Chang, managing partner Simon Tsi, Kenneth Ng, Howard Hao and David Lee are recognized as “Asia Leading Lawyers” by Asia Law Profiles.
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 350 staffs, including 220 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.