Phone: +86 10 88369999
Michael Fu focuses on his practice in intellectual property law. He has successfully represented many Fortune 500 Companies on the development of intellectual property strategy, including trademark, copyright, design patent, and domain names. As a litigator and Client Manager, Michael leads a team of attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants to help clients with the enforcement of their IP rights through administrative and judicial channels in China. Michael Fu is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Specialized in many aspects of intellectual property rights, including prosecution, enforcement and dispute resolution of trademarks, copyrights, and domain names.
- Client Manager and Lawyer, Chang Tsi & Partners, Beijing, China
- Intern, Lowe, Hauptman & Ham, LLP, Alexandria, VA
- LL.M., Intellectual Property, Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord, USA (2013)
- LL.M, Intellectual Property, Peking University, Beijing, China (2008)
- Successfully represented Kohler Co. to initiate a civil lawsuit in the Guangdong Foshan Intermediate Court against a local design patent infringer and obtained a favorable settlement through negotiation.
- Successfully represented 3M Company to file an administrative litigation before the Beijing No. 1 Intermediate Court in a significant trademark opposition case against a small but rapidly growing Chinese competitor and successfully prevented the Opposed Mark from securing registration.
- Organized and led customs training to educate customs officials on how to identify counterfeit items on behalf of several clients, including 3M, Timberland, UGG, etc.
- Successfully represented a wide variety of clients (GNC, Cummins, 3M) in domain name disputes, including UDRP proceedings before ADNDRC and CNDRP proceedings before CIETAC.
- Evolution of admission of new evidence in trademark lawsuits
CHINA BUSINESS LAW JOURNAL 2014.SEPT
- Chinese Bar (2006)
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 350 staffs, including 220 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.