Head of China Desk | Senior Trademark Agent
About Ming Zhu
Mr. Ming Zhu joined Chang Tsi & Partners as the Head of Asia-Pacific in October 2015. Ming has focused his practice on providing trademark and patent consultation for Chinese companies for over 14 years. Mr. Zhu works with more than 1000 clients of various sizes in different industries including aviation, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and toys. He has represented clients to secure intellectual property rights in many jurisdictions, including Asia, North America and Europe. His competency lies in his profound understanding of the culture and intellectual property needs of Chinese clients who are expanding in overseas markets. Ming Zhu is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Provided comprehensive strategic consultation for large Chinese companies, such as Air China, on their intellectual property protection.
- Represented clients from the United States on patent prosecution matters in China.
- Represented a nutrition supplement manufacturer in Hong Kong to manage its IP portfolio in mainland China.
- Head of China Desk, Senior Trademark Agent, Chang Tsi & Partners, Beijing, China.
- Founding member of Committee of Geographical Indications of China
- Deputy Manager, Beijing Fang Shi Intellectual Property Agency Co., Ltd.
- Assistant of Founding Partner of Beijing Ya Ye trademark Law Office
- BA in Economics, Hebei University
- Comprehensive planning, management and implementation of intellectual property portfolio for Air China.
- Formulation and implementation of intellectual property protection scheme for China Grand Enterprise.
- Lead Intellectual Property Counsel in Greater China for Hin Sang Hong Company, Ltd.
- Founding member of the Legal Service Department of Geographical Indications Committee.
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 200 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.