Senior Attorney At Law
Phone: +86 10 88369999
About Emma Ma
Emma Ma joined Chang Tsi & Partners in 2009. Currently, Emma serves as the head of prosecution at the firm’s headquarters in Beijing.
Emma devotes herself to providing professional legal services for the multinational companies in China. Her field of experience includes both contentious and non-contentious cases in intellectual property matters. Emma has rich experience in the fields of trademark, copyright and unfair competition and other aspects related to intellectual property. Emma also provides legal services in other fields, such as foreign investments and acquisitions, where the IP rights constitute the main contents of the transaction.
Emma serves clients of different sizes in many countries around the world, in various fields including electronic products, food, jewelry, apparel, machinery, vehicles, etc. She provides professional legal services based on the client’s special situation to maximize the client’s interests. She not only provides intellectual property legal services in mainland China, but also helps clients deal with their intellectual property matters in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Mongolia, India, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and other neighboring countries and regions, to provide the client with one-stop services. Emma Ma is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Specialized in many aspects of intellectual property rights, including prosecution, enforcement and dispute resolution of trademarks, copyrights, and domain names.
- Head of Prosecution Department/Attorney at law, chang Tsi & Partners, Beijing, China
- Trademark Attorney, Deacons Law Firm, Beijing, China
- Law School of Edinburgh University, LLM (2008）
- Renmin University of China, Master of Law (2007）
- Manages trademark, copyright and domain name portfolios for several Fortune 500 clients, and provides legal services for the development of overall intellectual property protection strategy, intellectual property transactions, brand licensing and brand appreciation, intellectual property infringement remedies (administrative and judicial relief) and other legal services.
- Successfully represented HP Inc. to secure trademark rights and copyright, and obtained favorable decisions in oppositions, declarations of invalidity and non-use cancellations against infringers.
- Successfully represented Tiffany & Co. to secure well-known recognition of its house mark TIFFANY in administrative proceedings.
- Successfully represented Patagonia Inc. in the cancellation of third party registrations, ensuring that the bad faith of the pirates was recognized by the TRAB and obtaining a favorable decision, even though the client did not own prior trademarks.
- Successfully represented Britax, a famous baby chair company, to secure recognition of the fame of its house mark BRITAX, and obtained cross-class protection for related baby care products.
- Successfully represented the Trump Organization in multiple oppositions, reviews of opposition, and declarations of invalidity to protect its trademarks from infringement.
- Chinese Bar (2006)
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 320 staffs, including 200 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.