Head of Commercial Department | Senior Attorney At Law
Phone: +86 10 88369999
About Wendy Wu
As an experienced lawyer, Wendy has handled many disputes and lawsuits for labor contracts, commercial contracts and intellectual property. She is also good at non-litigation practice such as share transfer and licensing of intellectual property, and she has served as the perennial Legal Counsel of several enterprises and institutions. She has abundant experience in providing legal services in international cooperation projects, and she has served as the legal counsel for Galileo Cooperation Project since 2005. Wendy Wu is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Specialized in the fields of litigation and arbitration, corporate laws, contract law, labor law and intellectual property.
- Associate, Beijing Fangyuan Law Firm
- Deputy Chief of Intellectual Property, Intellectual Property Affairs Centre of Ministry of Science & Technology of P.R. China
- Assistant Research Fellow, Intellectual Property Affairs Centre of Ministry of Science & Technology of P.R. China
- B.A, major in Intellectual Property Law, Peking University
- B.A, major in English, University of Science & Technology, Beijing
- Provided legal services for Ministry of Science & Technology of China and its subordinate institutions regarding administrative prosecution, liquidation and cancellation of enterprises, share transfer, labor disputes, contract disputes and intellectual property issues.
- Provided legal services for Galileo Cooperation Project and Square Kilometer Array Cooperation Project, namely, review of intellectual property policies, coalition agreements, and multilateral cooperation agreements.
- Provided legal analysis for a share sale and purchase dispute in a mergers & acquisition matter.
- Successfully represented the Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China in an advertising contract dispute.
- Successfully represented Scientific and Technical Documentation Press in a trademark infringement case in which the Scientific’s prior trademark rights were recognized.
- Successfully represented 84 clients in a copyright infringement case, in which the owner of a famous Chinese integrated database was adjudged to have infringed the Plaintiffs’ copyrights.
- China Bar (2008)
- Judicial authenticator (2007)
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 320 staffs, including 200 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.