Advisor | Attorney At Law | Patent Attorney
About Wayne Wang
Mr. Wayne Wang got his bachelor degree in Material Science and master degree in Micro-Electronic and Solid-State Electronic. At present, Mr. Wayne Wang is still pursuing his master degree in Civil Law. Mr. Wayne Wang has engaged in Patent prosecution and litigation for more than fourteen years. He possesses rich legal experience in leading international IP Firms and especially in patent drafting, patent prosecution, patent reexamination, invalidation and litigation proceedings, validity, patentability, patent license and infringement analysis. Mr. Wayne Wang also has plenty experience in a variety of areas, including electronic engineering, micro-electronics, photoelectron, electrical equipment, computer software, computer hardware, networks, communication technology, household appliances, electronic devices, mechanical devices, and semiconductor material, etc. He was admitted as both a Chinese Patent Attorney and a Chinese Lawyer in PRC (in process) and recommend by the ACPAA as a litigation attorney. Mr. Wayne Wang also studied in MewburnEllis Law Firm in UK to systematically study Europe Union Intellectual Property law and United Kingdom's Intellectual Property law.
- communication technology
- Patent application
- IPR intellectual property protection/license/transferring and transformation
- Intellectual property infringement analysis and investigation
- Dispute resolution, etc.
- Leader of Patent Department, Chang Tsi & Partners, July 2017 till now
- Partner, Beijing Bailun Law Firm, April 2016 till July 2017
- Senior Patent Agent, China Patent Agent (H.K.), June 2003 till March 2016
- Senior Research Engineer, Shenzhen SANYO Electronics, July 1993 till June 2006
- Master of Civil Law(2017-present)
- Master of Micro-Electronic and Solid-State Electronic,（2000-2003）
- Bachelor of Inorganic Nonmetal Material, （1989-1993）
- Patent drafting in both English and Chinese for Microsoft, IBM, Ericsson, Nokia, NEC, Philips, ABB, ST Microelectronics, HP, Panasonic, Sharp, Japan Semiconductor Energy Source, Samsung, Intel, BOE, etc.
- Patent invalidations, patent administrative and legal proceedings, validity, patentability and infringement analysis, investigation of patent infringements, application inquiry/search and other matters related to intellectual property rights. Main clients include, for example, Huawei, Qualcomm, Baidu, Ericsson, Philips, etc.
- Handling patent application including, for example, translating, proofreading of the application documents, providing legal comments on the Office Action, preparing response/draft response to the Office Action, filing re-examination request, responding the Board’s Opinions, etc.
- Represented patent infringement and patent invalidation for a medical glove company in Zibo, Shandong, and successfully maintained the client’s interests.
- Represented patent infringement and patent invalidation for an optical-electrical company in Dongguan, Guangzhou, and successfully maintained the client’s interests.
- Represented a shoe-related design patent infringement and design patent invalidation for a shoe’s company in the United States, and successfully maintained the client’s interests.
- Chinese Patent Bar
- China Bar
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 350 staffs, including 220 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.