Senior Trademark Agent
Phone: +86 10 88369999
About Nana Zhang
Nana Zhang has practiced in the field of intellectual property prosecution since her graduation in 2008. She has rich experience in trademark portfolio management and strategic counseling. Her experience extends to all stages of trademark prosecution work in both contentious and non-contentious matters, including but not limited to, trademark audit work, trademark clearance searches, recordals applications, oppositions, invalidations and cancellation proceedings. She is also skillful in copyright registrations and claiming prior copyrights in trademark contentious cases. By accumulation of experience for many years, she is sophisticated in quickly identifying the practical needs of clients and providing professional and strategic counseling to meet clients’ requirements. Clients include multinational companies in various fields of e-commerce, telecommunication, banking, retailing, consumer products, industrial, medical, sports and apparel. Nana Zhang is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Development of Overall Protection Strategy For Intellectual Property Portfolios
- Planning of Intellectual Property Registration and Protection
- Specialized in many aspects of intellectual property rights, including prosecution, and enforcement of trademarks, copyrights, and domain names
- Trademark Attorney, Chang Tsi & Partners, Beijing, China (2010-Present)
- Assistant, China Sinda Intellectual Property Limited, Beijing, China (2008-2010)
- Assistant in Commerce Department, Henan ZYNP Corporation Co., Ltd., Henan, China (2005-2006)
- M.A., Jilin University, Changchun, China (2008)
- B.A., Jilin University, Changchun, China (2005)
- Provides overall Intellectual Property Prosecution Strategy for many multinational corporations
- Successfully represented a famous US company to file over 500 recordal applications for a trademark license agreement
- Successfully represented a leading apparel company to secure well-known recognition of its trademark and obtained cross-class/subclass protection in opposition and invalidation proceedings
- Provided advice to a leading telecommunication company to defend against potential non-use cancellations
- Nana’s professional and efficient services routinely receives high praise from clients
- Preventing and responding to trademark genericization
China Business Law Journal, Oct. 2014
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 350 staffs, including 220 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.