Partner | Attorney At Law | Patent Attorney
Phone: +86 10 88369999
David Lee is a Director at the Shenzhen office of Chang Tsi & Partners. He focuses on anti-infringement actions and litigation for all types of intellectual property cases, such as trademark, patent, and copyright cases. In his twenty years of practice, David has worked as in-house counsel in a large company and as a professional attorney in Chinese law firms. He has provided professional intellectual property services to Fortune 500 companies, including Tupperware, 3M, Kohler, ITW, Levi's, and many more. David Lee is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Specialized in many aspects of intellectual property rights, including prosecution, enforcement and dispute resolution of trademarks, copyrights, and domain names.
- Supervises team members and external attorneys to handle more than 100 cases per year.
- Managed the enforcement of judgement for patent and trademark cases to collect damages.
- Provided senior legal support for patent litigation in US, Europe and China.
- Handled Labor, Corporate, Real Property, Contract, Tort, and Criminal matters.
- Client Manager / Partner, Chang Tsi & Partners
- Counsel Manager, Neo-Neon Holdings
- Lawyer, Guangzhou Office of DeHeng Law Offices
- Lawyer, Guangdong Nanyue Law Office
- Legal Specialist, Zhujiang Beer
- L.L.M., Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China (2008)
- B.S., Engineering Design and Manufacturing, Xiangtan University, Xiangtan, Hunan, China (1992)
- On behalf of Six Continent Hotel Group, successfully protected the rights of the client in the trademark infringement case of Six Continent Hotel Group vs. Zibo Crowne Holiday Hotel. The case was awarded "Case of the Year 2015" by China Business Law Journal.
- Secured well-known recognition for the LEVI'S mark in administrative proceedings
- Manages the patent and trademark enforcement strategy for Tupperware;
- Lead attorney in gas station acquisitions for PetroChina, valued at more than CNY 100 million.
- David Lee is recognized as "Leading Lawyers in Asia" by Asia Law 2014
- As the lead attorney in China for Six Continent Hotel Group, David Lee successfully represented Six Continent Hotel Group in a trademark infringement suit against Zibo Crowne Holiday Hotel. The case was awarded "Deals of the year 2015" by China Business Law Journal.
- China Bar (1996)
- Chinese Patent Bar (2006)
- Resolving Differences of Opinion on OEM Trademark Infringement, China Business Law Journal, March 2014
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 350 staffs, including 220 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.