Advisor | Trademark Agent
Phone: +86 10 88369999
About Sammi Huang
Sammi Huang focuses her practice on trademark prosecution and portfolio management, and she counsels clients on overall trademark strategy. Ms. Huang is highly skilled in the administrative review of official refusals and review of opposition proceedings before the Trademark Review and Adjudication Board, and she has handled hundreds of trademark searches, oppositions and cancellations. Ms. Huang has extensive experience in handling international trademark applications and global trademark portfolio management for many Chinese companies. She works with foreign companies to secure registrations in many challenging Asian countries, including North Korea and Mongolia. Sammi Huang is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Manage client relationships and oversee intellectual property prosecution for numerous Fortune500 Companies.
- Manages a team of attorneys and paralegals to oversee the application and registration of trademarks, copyrights and domain names. Also acts as a consultant for intellectual property disputes and arbitration.
- Provides foreign clients with trademark protection advice in China, including applications of trademarks, licensing, transfers, rescissions, assignment, appeal, dispute resolution and anti-counterfeiting actions.
- Drafted IP related agreements and arguments for all types of non-litigation cases. Also assisted with trademark registration, renewal, transfer, review, dispute and other related matters for many domestic large and medium-sized enterprises in other countries of the world, and participated in the research and development of corporate intellectual property protection strategies.
- Assisted clients with domain name protection in China, including domain name registration, maintenance, management, retrieval and attended domain name arbitration.
- Handled infringement investigations, anti-counterfeiting administrative actions and other measures to protect clients' intellectual property rights in China.
- Trademark Attorney, King Sound & Partners, Beijing, China
- L.L.M., Northwest University of Politics and Law, Xian (2004)
- B.A., Northwest University of Politics and Law, Xian (2001)
- Addition of punitive damage system in Trademark Law a breakthrough
China Business Law Journal, May 2014
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 200 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.