Attorney At Law
Phone: +86 10 88369999
Jason Ji provides IP legal services to many world-famous companies in China including registration of IP rights, strategy design, due diligence, licensing and transfer, dispute resolution, Internet infringement, unfair competition cases, investigation and negotiation, domain name dispute settlement, C&D letter, etc.
- Specialized in registration of trademarks, copyright and domain names; protection, management and transfer of IP, and unfair competition related to IP rights, litigation and dispute resolution
- Associate, Chang Tsi & Partners, Beijing, China
- Representing Johnson & Johnson to obtain the well-known trademark recognition for “吗丁啉 (MOTILIUM in Chinese; MA DING LIN)” trademark in review of opposition procedure
- Representing Johnson & Johnson to obtain the well-known trademark recognition for “美瞳 (DEFINE in Chinese; MEI TONG)” trademark in opposition procedure
- Representing Johnson & Johnson to obtain the Shanxi well-known trademark recognition for “泰诺 (TYLENOL in Chinese; TAI NUO)”, “美林 (MOTRIN in Chinese; MEI LIN)” and “息斯敏 (HISMANAL in Chinese; XI SI MIN)” trademarks
- Representing Johnson & Johnson to reject the registration of the “美姿林 (MEI ZI LIN in Chinese)” trademark in the administrative lawsuit procedure by revoking the TRAB’s decision
- Representing Johnson & Johnson to invalidate the registration of the “安视清 (AN SHI QING in Chinese)”， “安视杰 (AN SHI JIE in Chinese)” and “安心优 (AN XIN YOU in Chinese)” trademarks
- Representing Johnson & Johnson to obtain the domains <depuysynthes.cn> and <depuysynthes.com.cn> from the domain pirate in domain arbitration procedure
- Representing FRAM GROUP IP LLC to reject the registration of the PRAM EXTRA GUARD trademark in the administrative lawsuit procedure
- Representing WORDPRESS FOUNDATION to cancel the prior trademark registration “万英 (WAN YING in Chinese) & W” on similar goods in the administrative lawsuit procedure by revoking the TRAB’s decision and obtain registration for the client’s core trademark
- Representing LITTLEBITS ELECTRONICS INC. to reject the registration of the pirate’s prior application “LITTLEBITS & 乐头拼 (LE TOU PIN)” and obtain registration for the client’s core trademark
- Representing BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATION to clear four “美银 (MEI YIN in Chinese)” series trademark registrations by filing non-use cancelation and invalidation and obtain registration for the client’s core trademark “美银 (MEI YIN in Chinese)”
- Representing DEMATIC GMBH to invalidate the pirate’s “DEMATIC” and “德马泰克 DEMATEC” trademark registrations
- Representing many start-up companies to purchase trademarks from the trademark pirates at reasonable price and pave the way for the client’s business in China
- 2016 Excellent Employee at Chang Tsi & Partners
- L.L.M., China University of Political Science and Law (2013)
- Bachelor, Jilin Normal University (2010)
- China Bar (2016)
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 200 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.