Partner | Attorney At Law | Patent Attorney
Phone: +86 10 88369999
About Jianmin Chen
Jianmin Chen is a partner of Chang Tsi & Partners. Before joining in Chang Tsi & Partners, she has accumulated more than thirty years’ practice experience as a patent attorney and lawyer and has made remarkable achievements. In 2005, she was recommended as an expert of the National Intellectual Property Strategy Talent Pool. Ms. Chen was an associate professor of intellectual property law, a postgraduate tutor, and a head for practice curriculums in clinical legal education in Tsinghua University Law School. She boasts of solid theoretical foundation, and handled a large number of impactive cases in China. She is a member of Intellectual Property Right Profession Committee under All China Lawyers Association, a director of Beijing Civil and Commercial Law Society, and a director of China Law Society Social Law Studies Institute. She has visited Schools of Law in universities across countries such as the United States, Europe, Australia, South Africa, South America, and Africa, and participated in relevant international seminars and training.
Ms. Chen specializes in various complex infringement disputes regarding patents, trademarks, copyrights, and so forth, and also enjoys rich practical experiences in fields such as contract disputes and administrative proceedings.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Communication Technology
- Registration and protection of trademarks, patents, copyrights and domain names, management and transfer of intellectual property rights, and unfair competition, consumer rights and interests, corporate legal affairs, litigation and dispute resolution, product liability and advertisement regarding intellectual property rights.
- Partner and Attorney at Law, Chang Tsi & Partners
- Senior Consultant and Attorney at Law, Lawjay Partners
- Attorney at Law,Tianchi Law Firm
- Attorney at Law, Jincheng Law Firm
- Arbitrator, Shenzhen Arbitration Commission
- Associate Professor, Tsinghua University Law School
- Professor, the Second Branch School of Renmin University of China
- Leader, Regulation Division of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Representing the patent ownership case regarding hole drilling mudjack pile construction method (first included into the State Council’s White Paper on IPR Protection);
- Representing the patent infringement case regarding Five-Stroke character model input method which is selected to be one of the most influential IP cases in China;
- Representing Peterbilt regarding the patent ownership and infringement case;
- Representing Kemco regarding a patent infringement case on “propelling pencil”;
- Representing Motorola to handle the patent infringement case with the highest amount of damage claim in China;
- Representing the copyright infringement case between Motorola and Shanghai DBTEL with the highest amount of damage claim in China;
- Representing the “GREATWALL” wine company on trademark infringement case;
- Representing the patent infringement case between Nokia and Qualcomm;
- Representing Chang Zhang, Hongyue Zhang and Beijing Ni Ren Zhang Art Development Co., Ltd to file a lawsuit against Tiecheng Zhang, Beijing Ni Ren Zhang Bogu Pottery Factory and Beijing Ni Ren Zhang Artwork Co., Ltd. in terms of unfair competition, the court withdrew the second-instance judgment;
- Representing Hong Kong Wing Wah to file a lawsuit against Guangzhou Haoyouduo (Tianli) General Merchandise Commerce Co., Ltd. in terms of trademark infringement and unfair competition;
- Representing Rotork regarding the trademark reexamination case where Rotork serves as a third person, to the court rejected the plaintiff’s claims;
- Representing Nokia as a third person in an invention patent invalidation between Shanghai Huaqin Telecom Technology Co., Ltd. and the Patent Reexamination Board, and to the court rejected the plaintiff’s claims;
- Representing Beijing Andu Intellectual Property Agency as a third person in the administrative dispute case where the individual Li filed a lawsuit against TRAB in terms of trademark reexamination on withdrawal of the trademark right, the court rejected plaintiff’s claims
- Representing Assa Abloy Baode’an Security Products Co., Ltd. v. Patent Reexamination Board regarding an administrative dispute over the invalidation of design patent right, of the court withdrew the first-instance judgment;
- Representing MAPED to file a lawsuit against Guangzhou Hongda Stationery Co., Ltd regarding the infringement of design patent right and winning the case.Representing Aman Resorts regarding trademark infringement cases and won the first-instance and the second instance
- Representing the first Serial Essential Patent infringement case in China
- Legal Practice for Modern Enterprises, China Procuratorial Press, Editor-in-chief, January 1996;
- Response to and Litigation of Economic Contract Disputes, People’s Court Press, Editor-in-chief, June 1996;
- Contract Fraud and Prevention, People’s Court Press, Author, December 1998;
- Representation of Famous Intellectual Property Cases, Law Press, Editor-in-chief, December 1992;
- Intellectual property Law Teaching Cases, Law Press, Author.
- Economic Law Dictionary, China Financial & Economic Publishing House, Co-author, October 1992;
- Dictionary of All Sources, China, Ocean Press, Co-author, October 1992;
- Questions and Answers of the Law on Economic Contract, China Statistics Press, Co-author, November 1993;
- Economic Fraud and Legal Liability Thereof, People’s Court Press, Co-author, July 1996.
Theses and Others
- On Technical Secrets and Protection, Beijing Lawyer, Author, May 1996;
- “Gray Area” or Not, China Patent, Author, August 28, 1991;
- On Tort Compensation from the Nature of Patent Infringement Liability, China Patent, Author, September 1991;
- No Administrative Litigation Allowable if A Party Disagrees with Mediation and Decision Made by a Patent Organ, Legal Daily, Co-author, February 3, 1992;
- Who Does a Patent Right belong to, Hangtian Intellectual Property, Author, February 1992;
- Requesting for Patent Invalidation is a Right Endowed by Law to the Public, Hangtian Intellectual Property, Author, February 1993;
- Protection of Right of Reputation and Press Supervision, Journal of Beijing Normal University, Author, July 20, 1993;
- Can Agreement Jurisdiction Be Established in An Implied Manner, Chinese Lawyer, Author, March 1996;
- Characteristics and Concrete Manifestation of Contract Fraud, Chinese Lawyer, Author, April 1996;
- Licensing of Registered Trademarks is A Formal Juristic Act, China Technology Market News, Author, August 1997;
- Legal Conflict and Settlement of the Exclusive Right to Use Trademarks and the Right of a Legal Person’s Name, Legal Daily, Author, October 1997;
- Correct Discrimination between Copyright of Works and Ownership Thereof, Beijing Lawyer, Author, October 1997;
- Commercial Secret Protection and Noncompete, Legal Daily, Author, December 1997;
- Legal Conflict and Settlement of Transnational Franchise Mark Rights, Legal Daily, Author, April 1998;
- Legal Issues Regarding Transnational Franchise, Beijing Lawyer, Author, June 1998;
- Attention Should be Paid to Formation of Intellectual Property Rights, Beijing Lawyer, Author, June 1996.
- Bachelor of Laws, East China University of Political Science and Law (1983)
- China Bar (1992)
- China Patent Bar (1984)
- Judicial Expert Qualification
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 200 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.