Senior Trademark Agent
Phone: +86 10 88369999
Laura Li specializes in intellectual property including trademark prosecution and dispute resolution, copyright protection, clearance searches and assessment. As a senior associate for 7 years, she counsels clients on potential risk analysis and overall intellectual property strategy. She serves Fortune Global 500 companies in various industries including leading internet companies, industrial, construction, medical, nutrition, fashion and retail. Laura is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Trademark searching, filing, application and registration; copyright registration
- Represents clients for reviews of official refusal of a trademark application, oppositions, cancellation and invalidation proceedings before the China Trademark Office
- Conducts trademark searches and is involved in clearance projects involving the evaluation and analysis on the potential risk of trademark applications and use of trademarks.
- Provide trademark assignment/license services, including drafting of contracts related to trademark assignment/license, handling recordation at China Trademark Office
- Negotiate for global co-existence agreements and letters of consent, trademark purchase
- Advise clients on potential legal risk and protection for new brand selection and provide candidates for names
- Conduct investigation via internet in infringement and unfair competition cases and supervise on-site investigation; draft investigation report, legal advice and solutions
- Send demand letter to trademark squatter or infringer; follow up with the target; report to the client with our legal advice and solutions
- Trademark Team Leader, Trademark Attorney, Chang Tsi & Partners, Beijing Office (2009)
- Bachelor of Law , Shanghai International Studies University (2005-2009)
- China Bar (2011)
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 350 staffs, including 220 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.