Counsel | Trademark Agent
Phone: +86 10 8836 9999
About Miffy Yen
During her practice in the Intellectual Property field for over 18 years, Miffy Yen has handled various cases involving conflict and litigation of intellectual property cases, as well as trademark infringement. Also, she provides Chinese and foreign clients with intellectual property consultation and global intellectual property protection strategy planning.
Ms. Yen obtained her master degree in IP law from the Seattle University, and then worked for years in US law firms, focusing on handling Intellectual Property conflict cases and litigations. These experiences provided her with a comprehensive and thorough understanding about the US intellectual property practices and the US clients. Due to her familiarity with intellectual property policies in world`s major markets, when a client`s intellectual property is involved in a global negotiation, Ms. Yen always has a clear insight, and provide the clients with the immediate assistance in taking an effective negotiation position so as to win the market share.
During her more than 18 years of practices, Ms. Yen not only represents cases in Taiwan, but also, with a wider vision, provides clients with comprehensive planning and protection in respect of the overall intellectual property strategies in Asia. Using her rich and special experiences in intellectual property industry, she can offer legal service for worldwide transnational corporations.
Ms. Yen is familiar with the litigation procedure both in the US and Taiwan, from the evidence preservation procedure to the details of litigation, she’s pro. Her team successfully assisted several high-end luxury brands enforced their rights through litigations in Taiwan, and assisted a German manufacture of auto parts successfully enforced their design patent in Taiwan. Moreover, when she worked in the US, she has been involved in several copyright infringement litigations to assist the world’s biggest supplier of stock images to pursue their rights and successfully obtained the punitive damages for her client.
As a senior intellectual property legal counsel and trademark attorney, Ms. Yen serves clients from different industries, mainly including high-end luxury brands, auto-parts, stock images, medicine, hotel, computer, clothing, food, beer and brewery, semi-conductor, cosmetics, English-learning, football team and famous amusement park. And she has provided legal services for various international enterprises, including LVMH group, Getty Images, Sanofi, Pfizer, Marriott, Visa, Unionpay, Gucci, Uni-President, Unilever, ASML, Liverpool FC, and several NAPA wineries.
High-end luxury brands, auto parts, stock images, medicine, hotel, computer, clothing, finance, food, winery, daily necessities, football club, banking, semi-conductor, amusement and other industries
- Taiwan intellectual property conflict, infringement and litigation cases.
- Eiger (2015-2017)
- Lee and Li (2012– 2015)
- Law Office of ME Cavanaugh (2010-2012)
- Seed IP (2009-2010)
- Yu-Teng Technology Co., Ltd. (2005-2008)
- Ms. Yen represented Sanofi, a French corporation, to successfully determinate these trademarks “赛诺菲” (SANOFI in Chinese), “赛诺菲及图” (SANOFI and Device in Chinese), and “SANOFI”, as famous trademarks, and to obtain the cross-class protection in the case of opposition. Ms. Yen also helped Sanofi to cancel a great number of the opposed trademarks that were in no connection with medicine and nutritional supplement.
- Engaged as the attorney of several US innovative manufacturers in mobile phone shell, Ms. Yen submitted abundant evidence for use against individuals squatting the clients` US registered trademarks in Taiwan, and helped to withdraw nearly 400 squatted trademarks, although such trademarks had not been officially applied for registrations in Taiwan.
- In a case of dispute settlement over ETS company`s domain name, Ms. Yen succeeded in withdrawal of the domain name of “toeic” that had been squatted by a squatter, and helped the client to obtain the domain name involved.
- In a case of trademark infringement, by means of plagiarism, on such famous trademarks as “GG logo”, ”Gucci” and “BOTTEGA VENETA”, Ms. Yen, on behalf of clients including Gucci, BOTTEGA VENETA and Celine, adopted negotiation and legal procedures simultaneously, and solved the disputes over trademark infringement in a timely manner.
- In an administrative appeal, Ms. Yen, as the attorney of Pfizer, succeeded in rebutting the evidence submitted for the highly similar trademarks registered by one of the client`s previous distributors, and then helped to withdraw several trademarks squatted by this previous distributor in medicine.
- Several brands under LVMH group
- Getty Images
- Liverpool FC
- NAPA wineries
- LLB, Soochow University
- LLM, Seattle University
- Trademark agent registered at Taiwan Intellectual Property Office
- NY Bar
With over 350 legal professionals with a diversified background, Chang Tsi & Partners offers clients deep expertise and professional experience, leading to successful legal solutions. Our attorneys are always praised for their sharp insights into the policy, and their pragmatic commercial awareness. Qualified to practice in other jurisdictions, our attorneys can maximize the profit of clients in different areas.