Advisor | Attorney At Law | Patent Attorney
Phone: +86 10 88369999
Nancy Qu specializes in the prosecution and enforcement of multiple intellectual property rights, including trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets and domain names. Ms. Qu has 10 years of experience as a litigation lawyer and patent attorney. She is experienced in the development of strategy in patent and trademark lawsuits, enforcement of effective judgments, as well as in negotiation strategy. She is specifically skilled at handling complicated and difficult IP infringement cases. Ms. Qu has successfully helped to protect the IP rights of many Fortune 500 companies. Nancy Qu is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Patent litigation (civil/administrative) in China
- Trademark litigaiton (civil/administrative/criminal) in China
- Copyright litigation (civil) in China
- Antitrust litigation (civil) in China
- Unfair competition litigation in China
- Domain name litigation in China
- Patent invalidation in China
- Trademark invalidation in China
- Domain name dispute in China
- Administrative complaint regarding patent infringement
- Administrative complaint regarding trademark infringement
- Negotiation for settlement agreement
- Negotiation for trademark/patent assignment/license
- Compulsory enforcement of effective judgments
- Advisor/ Attorney at Law/ Patent Attorney, Chang Tsi & Partners
- Law and Patent Attorney, Lian and Lien IP Attorneys, Beijing, China
- L.L.M., Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (2007)
- B.S., Henan University, Kaifeng, China (1996)
- In Graco vs. Shanghai Sanqi Spray Equipment Co., Ltd. represented Graco to convince the Court to determine Sanqi's trade dress infringement. The court fully supported Graco's claims and awarded damages of CNY 4 million (USD 580,475) to Graco;
- In Carlisle Fluid Technologies, Inc. vs. Xianju County Tewei Pneumatic Tools, Co., Ltd., Ms. Qu represented Carlisle to enforce the trademark DEVILBISS in an infringement and unfair competition claim. Ms. Qu successfully convinced the court to determine the Defendant’s infringement and award damages of CNY 1 million (USD 145,119). Later, she obtained an additional victory in the appeal by urging the court of second instance to award damages of CNY 3 million on the basis of the Defendant's infringement;
- In Guinness World Records vs. Chery Automobile, Ms. Qu represented the Plaintiff in a trademark infringement and unfair competition dispute. In this case, she successfully convinced the Court of first instance to recognize the Defendant's infringement and award damages of CNY 2.12 million (USD 307,652);
- In Skechers vs. Spieth & Wensky, Ms. Qu represented Skechers to convince the Court to determine the Defendant's infringement and award damages of CNY 2 million (290,237);
- In multiple civil lawsuits for Premark FEG LLC vs. Shanghai Veetsan Commercial Machine Co., Ltd. Ms. Qu represented the Plaintiff in complex claims for patent infringement, trademark infringement and unfair competition. She successfully represented the Plaintiff to prevent invalidation of the Plaintiff`s two patents and helped the Plaintiff settle the cases through mediation as well as receive compensation from the Defendant;
- In 4 civil lawsuits for Zhengzhou Zhongyuan vs PetroChina, Ms. Qu represented the Defendant to convince the court to make a decision that the technical solutions of the Defendant's 4 patents were different from those of the Plaintiff`s patents. All of the Plaintiff's claims were rejected.
- In Dematic International Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. vs. Guangzhou Dematic Packaging System Co., Ltd. Ms. Qu succeeded in persuading courts in the first and second instance to order the Defendant to change its trade name.
- In an administrative lawsuit for South Wall Technologies Inc., regarding a Review Decision on Official Rejection of the trademark "XIR", Ms. Qu persuaded the court to acknowledge that "XIR" did not have a definite meaning and was therefore not representative or descriptive of materials or technology, thus allowing for registration of the XIR trademark;
- The administrative lawsuit of Kohler Co. against the Patent Reexamination Board regarding patent invalidation, where Ms. Qu on behalf of the Plaintiff won the case of both first and second instances, so that the customer's important product design was maintained; and
- The criminal case of 3M against Ying Xiaoming and Lv Jingli for the crime of selling the goods bearing counterfeit trademarks, where Ms. Qu, as the attorney of the Plaintiff, provided comprehensive assistance to the authorities during the PSB investigation, PP prosecution, and court proceedings, and urged the court to decide that the two Defendants committed the crime of selling the goods bearing counterfeit trademarks, sentence Ying Xiaoming to 3 years of imprisonment and Lv Jingli to 1.5 years of imprisonment, and impose a fine of CNY 170, 000 for each Defendant, i.e. CNY 340, 000 in total.
- China Bar (2006)
- Chinese Patent Bar (2006)
- Redefining English Words in Chinese to Support Trademark Proceedings
China Business Law Journal, Dec. 2013
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 320 staffs, including 200 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.