Attorney At Law
Phone: +86 88369999
Nancy Zhao works as a trademark attorney and a lawyer in Chang Tsi & Partners. Since her first step into IP area in 2012, Nancy Zhao has been working as a trademark attorney for over 8 years, serving several Fortune 500 companies and world-famous law firms and accumulating a wealth of experience. She is good at handling registrations, license, tort remedy, protection and enforcement cases in fields of trademarks, copyrights and domain names.
She advised and represented clients from different countries/districts with different culture, involving different areas ranging from foods, communication, industry, airlines, medicine, electronics, clothing, etc., from top-level in the industry to small enterprise. She always puts the clients’ benefits at the first place and thinks for the client. She is welcomed by the clients for her rigorous attitude, professional advice, effective communication and high performance.
- Specialized in all aspects of intellectual property rights, including prosecution and enforcement of trademarks, copyrights, and domain names.
- Trademark Attorney, Chang Tsi & Partners, Beijing, China
- Assistant Lawyer, AN, TIAN, ZHANG & PARTNERS, Beijing, China
- Represented Cadbury UK Limited to get well-known trademark recognition for CADBURY and CHOCLAIRS mark;
- Represented one lubricants company to remove pre-emptive registrations through oppositions, declarations of invalidity and non-use cancellations, and finally get the client’s rights back.
- Represented one leading foods company to get their marks recognized as famous marks for cross-class protection in conflict cases.
- Represented one fast-food chain brand from New York whose mark was refused due to absolute grounds, guided the client to collect the evidence and exhausted all possible resouces at our end to collect evidence and finally overcome the refusal.
- Represented one skateboards brand to obtain copyright registrations and then establish the client’s own trademark registrations by clearing prior registrations based on the client’s prior use.
- Represented one world-famous children’s hospital in one opposition case against the client’s mark, where the third party owns registered copyright earlier than the client’s application, guided the client to collect evidence and finally persuaded the examiners to recognize the client owns much earlier copyright than the third party.
- Provided tailored IP registration and protection strategy for many big multinational companies, assisted many companies in establishing their IP rights structure at the time of entering Chinese market and making enforcement strategy for cracking down infringement activities.
- Mondelez International
- General Mills
- Razer (Asia Pacific) Pte. Ltd.
- Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
- HGF Limited
- Donahue Fitzgerald LLP
- Herbert Smith Freehills
- Amica Law LLC
- Master of Arts, City University of Hong Kong (2012)
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Tianjin Foreign Studies University (2010)
- China Bar
- Mandarin Chinese
With over 350 legal professionals with a diversified background, Chang Tsi & Partners offers clients deep expertise and professional experience, leading to successful legal solutions. Our attorneys are always praised for their sharp insights into the policy, and their pragmatic commercial awareness. Qualified to practice in other jurisdictions, our attorneys can maximize the profit of clients in different areas.