Senior Trademark Agent | Head of Taiwan Office
Phone: +886 920-034-084
Sharon Liu has thirty-four years of work experience in the field of intellectual property. She specialized in the cases of trademark applications, oppositions, cancellations, invalidations and infringement cases. Sharon has been provided legal services for many multinational companies in respect to consultation of trademark design and development and trademark protection strategy. She has good experience in all kinds of trademark related cases and challenging matters.
During the thirty-four years of work, Sharon not only provided legal services for matters in Taiwan but also for the Asian Pacific. She has macroscopic vision on trademark protection for the region and the world. For protecting trademarks, she has rich and outstanding experience for global companies from counseling the development and design of trademark and packaging, developing trademark protection strategy, until enforcing the trademark rights.
As a senior trademark and patent counsel and trademark attorney, she worked in Baker Mackenzie for over 8 years, worked in Lee and Li for over 21 years. Her majority clients includes Apple, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., IHG Groups, , American Express Company, Abbott, Wyeth, American Eagle , Associated British Foods, Anheuser–Busch InBev (“AB InBev”), Unilever, ICI, Advanced Semiconductor Material Lithography(“ASML”), Formula One Licensing, B.V., etc.
Sharon has been helping many foreign companies get well-known trademark recognition in Taiwan, such as trademarks “APPLE”, “Formula One” and “F1” of Formula One Licensing, B.V., trademark “BUD” and “Budweiser” of AB InBev Group, American Eagle’s Trademarks, trademarks “U Logo”, “Dove” and others of Unilever, and trademark “Tiger in Chinese” of Asia Pacific Breweries Group
- Taiwan trademark application
- Taiwan trademark disputes, such as opposition, invalidation and cancellation
- Taiwan Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Protection in Asian Pacific area
Years with IP Matters
- 34 years
- Chang & Tsi Law Firm, Taiwan office, Office Head & Trademark Attorney (2019.1 - now )
- Lee and Li Law Firm, Trademark and copyright Department, Senior legal counsel(1997-2018)
- Baker McKenzie, IP Department, senior legal counsel of trademark and patent(1988-1997)
- George Chen Associates, IP Department, legal staff of trademark and patent(1984-1988)
- Pfizer, Inc.
- IHG Groups
- American Express Marketing & Development Company
- American Eagle
- Associated British Foods
- Anheuser–Busch InBev (“AB InBev”)
- Advanced Semiconductor Material Lithography(“ASML”)
- Formula One Licensing, B.V.
- Represented and helped Apple Inc. to successfully secure well-known trademark recognition for trademarks “APPLE”, “APPLE in Chinese” and “Apple Logo”, etc. in many oppositions and invalidations and get protection on goods and services which is not similar to computers and cell phones.
- Represented and helped Formula One Licensing BV to secured well-known trademark recognition for the trademarks “Formula 1” and “F1” in many oppositions and get trademark protection for goods and services which are not similar to car racing. In addition, successfully cancelled pilot trademark registration of trademark “F1” on engine oil through administrative suits.
- Represented and helped IHG group to prepare persuasive insight and arguments on hotel industries and get well-known trademark recognition for “H logo” in several cases depends on limited evidence.
- Represented Atmel Corporation in domain dispute resolving case to cancel the domain name of Atmel registered by third party and successfully obtained registration of the domain name.
- Represented and helped clients, includes Apple, Inc and Formula One Licensing BV for infringing matters. Through both negotiation and legal process, resolved the infringement quickly in amicable approaches.
- Represented and helped Retail Royalty Company to secure well-known trademark recognition for the trademarks “Eagle logo”, “Bird design” and “AERIE” in many cases.
- Represented and helped American Express Marketing & Development Corp. to collect evidence and successfully cancel several bad-faith trademark registration for “BLACK CARD” and “Black Card in Chinese.”
- Represented and helped Advanced Magazine Publishers Inc. to secure well-known trademark recognition for less-distinctive trademark “GQ” and trademark “VOGUE” in many oppositions.
- Represented and helped Anheuser-Busch LLC to secure well-known trademark recognition for the less-distinctive trademark “BUD” in many oppositions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, National Cheng Chi University, (1980 – 1984)
- Registered Trademark Attorney of Taiwan Intellectual Property Office
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 200 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.