Phone: +86 01088369999
Dr. Dongxu Xu is engaged as a Senior Advisor at Chang Tsi & Partners, and also teaches at Korea University as an adjunct professor.
Dr. Xu has made long-term efforts on the study of five IP offices (IP5, including the CNIPA, the KIPO, the USPTO, the EPO, and the JPO), and used to work as a Counsellor at the Republic of Korea’s Embassy in China, where he wase in charge of Intellectual Property affairs for years. Furthermore, Dr. Xu gave lectures on Intellectual Property and economic development at Renmin University of China, China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing Institute of Technology, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law and other Chinese universities.
Dr. Xu, on behalf of the South Korean government, attended the IP5 director-level meetings, the director-level meetings held by the CNIPA, the JPO, and the KIPO, and other meetings by the Trademark Review and Adjudication Board and the Patent Reexamination Board of China and their respective Korean counterparts. He has made tremendous contributions to IP development in both China and South Korea.
As a Korean diplomat and professor, Dr. Xu has offered his assistance to solve problems for hundreds of Korean enterprises with investments in China.
- Intellectual Property, Cultural industries and civil action
Years of Practice
- 25 years
- Senior Advisor, Chang Tsi & Partners (2019- present)
- Consul (IP field), Republic of Korea`s Consulate General in Shanghai/President of Korean Cultural Center, Shanghai (2017-2019)
- Deputy Director, Korean Intellectual Property Office (2015-2017)
- Economic Counsellor (IP field), Korean Embassy in China (2011-2015)
- Deputy Director, South Korea`s Ministry of Justice (2010-2011)
- Division Head, South Korea`s Ministry of Justice (2002-2006)
- Deputy Division Head, South Korea`s Ministry of Justice (1997-2002)
- Hyundai Motor (1991-1996)
- Advisor, the International Operating Service Platform of Intellectual Property, Shanghai
- Researcher, the Research Center for Judicial Reform of China University of Political Science and Law
- Honorary Professor, North China University of Technology
- Honored by the President of the Korean Broadcasting System (KBS), 2012
- Honored by the President of China Trademark Association, 2014
- The Educational System of the Science of Law in South Korea, co-author, China University of Politic Science and Law Press
- Doctor of Laws in Renmin University of China, 2010
- Master of Defense Management in Korea National Defense University, 2006
- Master of Public Administration in Seoul National University, 2001
- Bachelor of Sociology, Korea University, 1987
- Korean IP Trading Dealer
- Korean IP Valuer
- China Mergers & Acquisition Dealmaker
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 350 staffs, including 220 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants and others. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.