Attorney At Law
Phone: +8620 28816699
As an attorney at law, Zhiling is mainly responsible for trade, patent, copyright and unfair competition disputes, and providing overall strategy for IPR protection. She has ample experience for more than 7 years of practicing.
- Specialized in all aspects of enforcement of intellectual property rights, including protection of trademarks, patents, copyrights, and unfair competition.
- Attorney at law, Chang Tsi & Partners Guangzhou Office 2010 -
- L.L.M., University of Southern California (2009)
- L.L.B. Beijing Normal University Zhuhai Campus (2004)
- Represented 3M COMPANY in a trademark infringement litigation, and the court awarded CNY 650,000 (approx. USD98,484) in damages.
- Represented a US company in a non-infringement litigation, successfully convincing the court to rule in the client’s favor and ascertain that OEM use of trademark did not constitute trademark infringement and the trademark squatter’s conduct has bad faith.
- In the past 5 years, Zhao filed 18 litigations on behalf of Levi Strauss & Co. (LS&Co), successfully convincing the court to ascertain “LEVI’S” branded jeans is famous product and the Chinese “Li-Wei-Si” synonymous to the English brand is the unique name of the product, even though the Chinese is not registered.
- Represented Encyclopedia Britannica in a trademark infringement case against Xinlei Publishing House; she successfully terminated all infringing activities, and the court awarded CNY 253,111 (approx. USD 40,824) in damages.
- Represented Tupperware in a patent infringement litigation, successfully defending Tupperware and protecting its reputation.
- China Bar (2012)
- New York Bar, USA (2010)
Chang Tsi & Partners is proud of our excellent team of attorneys. Our attorneys are international, professional, well-educated and experienced in handling all types of commercial matters. Our partners include a few of the earliest legal practitioners in in China. Before they went into private practice, most of our partners served at government organs, judicial institutions, and/or big corporations and are thus very familiar with the internal mechanisms of these organizations. They also have established extensive, close contacts within these organizations. So our partners have the ability to integrate their social resources and create synergy to maximize the benefits for our clients.
Chang Tsi & Partners currently employs a total of 200 attorneys, agents and foreign consultants. The majority of our lawyers hold master's degrees and above, from prestigious law schools both domestic and international. Some of our lawyers have studied and/or worked abroad and have qualified as lawyers and patent agents in America and Canada.
At Chang Tsi, we highly value teamwork and cooperation. We also stress sharing of resources and experience in order to provide our clients with the best services. Their years of practice and extensive experience working with foreign firms, make our attorneys well-qualified to handle the most complicated and challenging legal matters for clients all over the world.